Sunday, December 18, 2016

The only good is knowledge...

Welcome to Prospero,  seeker of knowledge. Gaze into the candle of wisdom...just be forewarned of what might stare back when you gaze too long.






I've been a fan of the Warhammer 40K universe for almost 7 years now. To my tastes, it has everything I have ever wanted of a science fiction universe.  Distant far-future story, lost colonies of human expansion across the stars, genetically engineered soldiers, aliens, alternate dimensions, psychic powers, and encompassing it all is this bleak, hopeless fate that awaits all humanity.  All we can do is stave it off as long as possible.

In the 40K lore, there was a period of great prosperity 10,000 years prior to the current Warhammer setting.  Humanity once again tried to set out and reclaim the galaxy in the name of mankind, ruled by a nearly omnipotent being called The Emperor. He created the Space Marines as his military force to conquer the Milky Way with 20 genetically engineered generals called the Primarchs.

This blog is going to be dedicated to the 15th Legion otherwise known as the Thousand Sons. Powerful psychic sorceries melded with super soldier post-human genetics, led by their Primarch, Magnus. They were a force obsessed with learning forbidden lore which ultimately led to their damnation.  As they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I will be posted hobby updates of my growing Thousand Sons army (both 30K and 40K settings) along with any lore, trivia, tidbits of information, other people's artwork/painted minis, and anything that might catch my interest.

So to start off, here the very first Thousand Sons model I recently completed.  I will post step by step tutorials on how I paint these guys going forward.  (YES I know the mold lines on the leg are really bad.  It was a color test model.)


No comments:

Post a Comment